Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Snow Day

The weather weenies got it wrong again, and the School Board, depending on what looked like a viable threat of icy bridges, cancelled school for the day.    As happened the last three times, today is a beautiful day, but there is no way to get the kids in school at this late hour,

Because I'm a school-house cop, I am off whe the kids are off, so Zach and I decided to make the best of it.


We started with biscuits in the oven and a pound of bacon on the griddle.  I melted some butter on the side of the griddle for the biscuits.  We got some hash-browns going, then when the biscuits came out o the oven, we dropped some eggs on the griddle.  Bacon, hash-browns, bacon and eggs.

If I would have thought about it, I would have made a quick sausage gravy.


I have an appointment at the optometrist later, so this won't be a totally wasted day.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and bacon is necessary... ;-)