Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spring Squirrel Season

I see that Louisiana is going to have a limited spring squirrel season.

It ain't the wide-open season that we get in October. It's limited to private lands and selected WMA's. Go to the LDWF website for particular information. I note that the bag limit is three and possession limit is six.

They don't have to worry about PawPaw being in the woods for this season. I don't like swatting mosquitos, which is why I never got hooked on turkey hunting. Swatting mosquitos is bad enough in November. I've camped with the Boy Scouts in the summer and while I love camping in general, and love the Boy Scouts particularly, the mosquitos put a damper on my enthusiasm for being in the woods during the spring and summer.

Junior is going in for a cat scan today, and I'm worried about my buddy. I don't know what they're looking for, but I've said my prayers and if any of you could help by saying yours, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed Junior's "Frugal Outdoorsman" for a couple years now. I suspect his physical ailments are a result of a curse placed by impatient readers, waiting for him to implement the "Country Girls of the Month" feature.
I shall here-with reverse the curse with fervent prayer.

You're welcome.