Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday

What a weekend. After the posting last Thursday, I got into Friday, then Saturday and Sunday turned into a free-for-all of honey-do lists and grandkids.

We got a lot done. The pool house is functionally complete. By that, I mean that the sheetrock is installed, floated, and painted. The moulding trim is installed. The air-conditioner is installed and working, as is the sink, toilet, and lighting. All the electrical work is complete.

We still need to do some cleaning and decorating, but the pool house is basically done. JUst in time for the swimming pool crew, which should start work in the next week or so.

I see I missed a few things over the weekend. The Blue Angels lost a pilot.

I'm looking for a carbine in .223 or similar caliber that I can use as a patrol rifle. It's a search I make from time to time, but and when I find the particular rifle I'm looking for, I'll get it.

I called one shop this morning, and when the gun guy got on the phone, I asked him. "I'm looking for an evil black assault rifle with high capacity magazines that shoots dum-dum bullets."

"We don't have anything like that." he said.

"What do you have?"

"We've got a couple of ARs, a .30 cal carbine, and a Mini-30 on the shelf."

I told him I'd be in later this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. hoping that gunshop dumb-dumb doesn't shoot himself...

dw

Pappy said...

D, what's wrong with using your 30 wcf?

Pawpaw said...

Bill. Nothing. It still rides with me.

What's wrong with getting a new rifle? Actually, I'm looking at a Remington 760 in .30-06 he's got in the rack. I'm going to go in there tomorrow and jaw-jaw some and see if I can get the price where I want it.

I think the 760 will make a dandy patrol rifle. And in a caliber like .30-06 it will have a dandy punch, too.

Rivrdog said...

Shoulda, woulda, coulda got the Mini-30. If you haven't read my 3,495 posts on MY Mini, suffice it to say that it is the perfect rifle for "medium thin-skinned game".