Saturday, September 03, 2005

Weekend update.

I spent yesterday taking care of refugees, and these people need care. Basic stuff like food, water, diapers for infants, and basic necessities that we normally run down to the store to get. I worked from 7:00 a.m. yesterday and walked back into my house at 11:00 p.m. last night. Long day.

Today and tomorrow I am off, so I am going to play with Milady, and try to unwind. Labor Day, I will be working the road, because the line units are shorthanded from covering disaster relief. Other officers are assisting at relief centers, which are everywhere in this area. We still have officers in New Orleans. I am positive that we will be in disaster mode on Labor Day and I don't look forward to the duty. It is a burden to be borne with dignity and humanity and I hope that I can muster the sense of humor to get through it. I ain't looking forward to it.

More blogging next week, or as time and energy allow.

No comments: