Friday, September 16, 2005

10-7

Today is done. I strapped on my duty belt at 6:30 a.m. this morning and took it off for good at 11:15 p.m. Yeah, the team lost, but they got points on the board against a real powerhouse.

So, I am sitting here at the computer, with a cold coke. I accidentally splashed a little bourbon in it as I was passing the bar. Shit happens.

Today was a smashing success because I protected and served the people I live among, and in doing so, I accomplished the prime mission for every law enforcement officer: I came home safe at the end of the shift.

For those who might wonder about the title of this post, it is the final radio call of the day. When you finally get home, when you are powering down the cruiser, the last thing you do is to pick up the mike and tell the station that you are 10-7. Out of service.

I'm 10-7.

No comments: