Talking with a friend last week, he told me that our local gun shop, Bulletproof Outfitters, had some old Colt revolvers on consignment. I was intrigued.
I dropped in this morning and asked about Colt revolvers. I found nothing that was suitable fr Cowboy Fast Draw, but they did have some interesting Colt New Frontier revolvers. The New Frontier was introduced in 1961 to compete with the Ruger Blackhawk. Basically, the New Frontier is the old SAA with adjustable sights.
The tag says .44 Mag, but the barrel is plainly marked 44 Spc. It's a nice revolver, but I have mine. Mine is a Lipsey's Blackhawk in .44 Special. We call it the Poor Man's #5, in tribute to Elmer Keiths revolver.
They also had an over priced Ruger #1 in the rack, but I wasn't interested in .308 and didn't feel like dickering.

1 comment:
I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .44 SPC awhile back, but didn''t know it was Lipsey run, Cool!
Post a Comment