Friday, September 18, 2026

Cycling

 I have three big AC units in the shop, and since June I have left one of them running even when we aren't in the shop  I have the thermostat set and it seems to help keep the place cooler, with a shorter cool-down time.

This mooring we awoke to milder temps, drier air, and the coffee on the patio was very pleasant.  When the dog and I walked out to the shop, I was pleased to see that the AC unit was cycled off.  It's cooler in here than it has been sine last May.

We still have a lot of summer left in subtropical Louisiana and we are in a drought with no relief in sight for the next week or so.  But, this morning gives me reassurance that milder temps are on the way. In another month, I might be able to make a gumbo.

Very soon, I'll be hauling propane bottles to the feed store to heat the place.

1 comment:

Robert said...

The screened patio door is open for a change and we haven't seen the sun in ten days. 12-hour flood watch starting at 1AM which may be extended 24 or 36 hours. Beats melting getting the mail. Power hasn't gone off since the recent record-setting storms blew through and took down a zillion trees. Yay, AC and electricity!
Did some TLC on the snowblower...