Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Trail Cam

 Brother in Law came over yesterday to eat lunch.  He shard a photo from his trail camera.  He has a small deer lease near Trout, LA and like many of us, has trail cameras set out to watch wildlife.  Trail cam resolution is what it is and he had a photo on it that needs opinions.


Some sort of cat.  Larger than your garden variety tabby, but bigger than the bobcats we normally see in the area.  Maybe a small panther.  I took the photo and ran it through the computer.  Came up with this image.


I'm voting bobcat, based on the stripes we see on the cats leg. I don't think it is a panther.  But I could be wrong.  However, based on what I know about local bobcat, that is a big-ass bobcat.

Wha say ye?

2 comments:

Flugelman said...

Yeah, I gotta go with a well fed bobcat.

oldvet56 said...

just me but our bobcats up here in bossier parish seem to have a much shorter body to leg ratio. add in the bobbed tail and it sure adds up to beats me.