Saturday, October 12, 2019

Election Day

It's Election Day, and I'm running for office.  I've done everything I can do, made the rounds, talked to everyone I can talk to.  I don't need luck, but I'll take luck.  This is American democracy at work, and I can't complain about the outcome.

But, there is one ting I can do.  I can throw a little party for those folks that gave me support, gave me courage, gave me the will to put myself in the rings.  I love those folks, and win, lose, or draw, I'm going to say Thank You.

So, we're hosting a little get together at the campaign headquarters tonight.  We're going to eat, and visit, and tell stories, and watch the election returns.  And we're going to eat and have fun.

I cooked a brisket yesterday.  12 hours at 250 with Datamation Rub in the smoker.


We're putting on a pork butt, and we'll have 'tater salad, pulled pork, brisket, Cole slaw, Ouida potatoes, peach cobbler, and Belle made a bodacious cake.  Plus, whiskey, beer, and wine.

Today is Election Day.  It all comes down to the numbers.

7 comments:

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

Good luck, sir.

DaveS said...

Hopefully, we'll be addressing you as Sheriff soon.

Retired cop said...

Good luck. We need good leaders!

Skip said...

Luck to ya Paw Paw.

Anonymous said...

I hope the election results are in your favor.

Retired cop said...

Can you give us some news, Sir?

Flugelman said...

Hopefully if I ever meet you in meatspace my greeting would be "Howdy Sheriff."