Thursday, October 17, 2019

Chicken Bowls

KFC makes one, but the boys and I were plundering around this afternoon and found some chicken nuggets in the freezer.  We heated the oil, then got out a box of mashed potatoes and cooked them while the oil heated.  Fried those chicken nuggets, then opened and heated a can of corn.  Then, I took out a skillet and made a quick cream gravy.

Layered it all in a bowl, and sprinkled it with cheese.  The boys got really quiet, because they were eating.


It was pretty durned good for a throw-together supper, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome. We've done similar in the past when our kids were younger.

I'd chop up those nuggets into at least two, maybe three pieces and infuse some hot sauce into them before mixing into mash potatoes. Adding some ranch dressing or mayonnaise to water or milk before mixing in potato flakes for even more flavor.