Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wednesday Moving Around

I had a couple of doctor's appointments today.  Nothing spectacular, but my sawbones wanted to draw blood in morning and see me in the afternoon after the labs were done.  No surprises, I'm probably going to live another six months.

But, because I'm going to lose a huge amount o sick leave when I retire, I decided to take the whole day as sick leave.  And I had a ball.

Went to drink coffee with a friend, early, then made it over to the office so the vampires could take their samples.

Then drove out to Pollock to see my graphic artist.  Visited with the mayor, and old friend, and visited with my sons, who were putting in a shower at the city splash-pad.

Thence, to Wally World, where I bough a doze roses, a box of chocolate, and a card to take to Belle at work.  Valentine's day is tomorrow, but I'm ahead of the curve.

Thence, to Picadilly, where I met my mother for lunch.  We had a good visit, and got caught up o family stuff.  We live 12 miles apart, and I see her three or four times a year, and she's okay with that.  At age 85, she's busier than many of my younger friends.

Thence to the Doctor's office, where he told me I was a fat man. and that he'd see me in six months.  As a result, I went to  local liquor store and perused their selection of Scotch Whiskey.  I'm not a Scotch drinker, but I thought maybe it was time to give it a try.  After mush consultation with the somelier, I decided on a bottle of Monkey Shoulder.  It's not a single malt, but I am assured that it will help pave my way into the world of Scotch whisk(e)y.


Now, if you'll pardon me, it's time to relect on the day.

2 comments:

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

"After mush consultation with the somelier, I decided on a bottle of Monkey Shoulder."

I am sure you meant to type "After mash consultation..."

Peripatetic Engineer said...

Here's my review of this scotch'

https://peripateticengineer.blogspot.com/2015/06/monkey-shoulder-scotch.html