Sunday, February 17, 2019

Cold, Wet, Sunday

It was a cold, wet Sunday in central Louisiana.  Belle ad I cooked in the shop as we do every Sunday, but this today all the kids were elsewhere, so it was just Bell and I, ad an old friend, Jerome.  Belle cooked a chicken pot pie, homemade, from scratch, ad we enjoyed it for lunch

Afterwards, sitting around the coffee table, I poured a dram of Monkey Shoulder to try.  This is my first go-around with Scotch, and I have to say I found it quite entertaining.  I got hints of vanilla and butterscotch, along with a fruity sensation that reminded me of cooked pie filling.  Very interesting indeed.


That glass is not a proper Glencairn, but a nice tulip shaped glass I found at Dollar Tree.  It works well for nosing whiskey, and at a buck apiece, if it gets broken I don't cry.

We're inside now, prepping or the workaday Monday that will soon be uponn us.

No comments: