Friday, September 22, 2017

Barber Shop

Court went well yesterday.  I ran into some people I had worked with 20 years ago, the testimony was easy and I got out of there early.

Early enough that I got home, put on a uniform and went to work.  Got there before noon and finished the day.  Decided I needed a hair cut and stopped at the barber shop on the way home.

A good barber shop is a thing of joy.  You never know what might be the topic of discussion, and when I got there a young man was in the chair talking about his studies.  He's studying religion at the local preacher college.  To finance his studies he's managing a coffee shop not far from the college, and was talking about marketing strategies.

It came my turn to get a chair, and the barber asked me what I wanted.  A standard Number 2 has served me well for years.  It's quick, an efficient use of my barber dollars, and hard to screw-up..  I opted for that.  Afterward, she shaved my neck, then applied a hot towel.

That hot towel is one of the great things about going to a barber shop.  It drained all the tension out of my body, made me feel loose as a goose.  It took great effort to stand up so that I could pay the lady.

A good barber shop is a treat to the body and soul.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I would recommend a barber for any woman who is tired of a hair dresser screwing up a simple hair cut. I have yet to have a barber screw it up and we won't talk about how many hair dressers who have.

Anonymous said...

I don't cut my hair anymore, & haven't for some time, but I do miss the smell of a barbershop. I always enjoyed getting a haircut, the whole experience, with the exception of boot camp intake. I prefer my hair long, & the two are incompatible.
--Tennessee Budd

Old Grafton said...

Haven't been to a barber in 15 years. Every two weeks the Missus grabs the electric clippers and shaves my head down to my shoulders to a 1/16" above the hide. I ream my ears, and buzz the lobes with it then and I'm good. A Yul Brinner look keeps me cool and calm.

Anonymous said...

I love getting my haircut before all my meetings with clients. Something about a fresh haircut always gets me and my agents deals with business owners.

Mark
www.MerchantAccountSaver.com

Alex said...

You have done a brilliant job making sure that people understand where you are coming from. And let me tell you, I get it. Please post more updates to cure.
Book Barber Shop Appointments Online – Ofroe.com