Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Reminds Me Of A Gal.

Megan Fox, over at PJMedia, gives singles some good advice.
Forget About Divorce. Don't Marry a Hillary Supporter in the First Place
That's good advice, but it reminds me of a gal I dated in 2000.  We'll call her Margaret.  She was a high-class dame, lived in an upscale condo, but had no money of her own.  I met her at church.  After we had dated a few times, I came to know that she was a dyed-in-the-wool liberal.  She supported Al Gore over  George Bush

She was a pretty little gal, but after the election, I knew it would never work between us.  She was an urban liberal and  I am a redneck conservative, and as much fun as it was to peek through the looking glass, I knew that I had no business in her world.

I bailed.

The next month, at a Super Bowl party, I met the gal of my dreams.  You know her now as Milady, or Belle.  She is the love of my life, and I can't imagine living without her.

Everything works out for the best.  Just don't marry a liberal.

1 comment:

Jonathan H said...

I read a while ago (but have no supporting reference) that the idea in colonial days was one vote per family with the assumption that a husband and wife had the same views and so would vote the same way. They couldn't fathom marrying someone who didn't have the same views in life, particularly religion and politics.
Note that in those days anyone who met the property requirement could vote - and wealthy widows often did.