Saturday, April 04, 2015

Showdown in Cowtown

This time next week, Milady and I will be in Fort Worth, TX, for the Showdown in Cowtown.  It's the Texas State Championships for Cowboy Fast Draw.  It's hosted by the Big Thicket Bushwhackers, a group honcho'd by my cousin, Gentleman George and his wife, Texas Rose.  This screen cap from their Facebook page shows the venue.

George and his club have spent a lot of time, effort, and I'm sure a pretty good chunk of loose change getting ready for the event.  They posted some pics on Facebook of the set-up and testing of the range, and I have to say I'm impressed.  This picture was taken at a camp they own and operate, Camp Waluta.  They set everything up, tested it (which I'm sure included shooting at it) only to tear it down, load it on trailers and prep to haul it all to Fort Worth for the event.

I know that the club has been working hard on this event, setting up reservations, doing advance work, all the administration, acquiring equipment, making lists, phone calls, emails, and book-keeping.  They've even offered a package deal with motel, restaurant, and entrance fees rolled into one package.  It's quite a chore, but it looks like they've gotten it done.

Great work, Guys, and we'll see you next week in Fort Worth.

No comments: