Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday Night

I understand that there's a football game tomorrow. Maybe I'll catch the highlights, but I don't think Milady is going to be watching from the hospital. Years ago, I was a Green Bay fan, but there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.

Milady and I met at a Super Bowl party in 2001, so the Super Bowl is our "first meeting" anniversary. We always try to do something special on Super Bowl Sunday, but her current health status is going to preclude that this year. I told her to think about what she wants for lunch tomorrow and after church I'll make sure that she has it. Come hell or high water, whatever she wants to eat is hers.

The doctors are talking about a new procedure to help heal her lungs. It's a surgical procedure and they're still weighing risks against expectations. They'll make a decision next week and I'll get to sit in surgery waiting until it's over.

3 comments:

Pappy said...

D, prayers from me for your wife.

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers sent Paw!

JPG said...

Warmest thoughts and best wishes to your lady and yourself.
JPG and Holly