Friday, May 22, 2009

School's out

Yesterday was the last day of regular school for students and today is the last day of school for regular teachers. PawPaw was released about a half-hour ago.

PawPaw works in the schools, so I'm out too. Our Sheriff allows a Resource Officer to choose how he or she wants to do the summer break. If the officer opts to accumulate compensatory time for all the ball games, school plays, debate tournaments, for all the extra hours spent at the school, those hours are taken off during the summer months. If the officer wants to work during the summer, then that's okay too, but the number of compensatory hours is limited. It's an individual choice and a fair number of deputies choose to work during the summer. PawPaw ain't one of them.

I've got a week of training from June 15th - June 19th, but other than that I'm off work until the first week of August, when I report back to the schoolhouse. I've got about 400 hours of K-time in the bank and that comes to 10 weeks of vacation.

With the pool in the backyard and lots of grandkids about, PawPaw won't have much time for napping. This is what I found on the back deck yesterday.



A chill wind had blown through and he had gotten cold.

It's summertime.

**UPDATE** I just looked out by the front door and found an order I was expecting. Five hundred .308, 168 grain match bullets. This really is a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE that boy...and his brother and cousins!!! :)

Franniedez

Old NFO said...

10 weeks! Oh man... ENJOY!

Rivrdog said...

I was told at my local reloading supply place yesterday that if I show up at store opening next Thursday, I will be able to buy 200 primers (who knows what size or brand they will be).

I have a TON of large and small pistol primers, I've got bullets, hulls and powder, but almost no large rifle primers to reload .243 and .308 with. Has anyone heard if there's trading going on via the Internet? It would seem to me that some of the IPSC types are hurting for reloads right now and ought to be willing to trade...