Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rockets in Haifa

It looks like the Lebanese have fired rockets into Israel. Some sources say multiple rocket attacks overnight. Then, according to the linked article, they are asking the UN to broker a cease-fire.

That's likely to happen.

When any nation allows rockets to be fired from its soil, toward a neighbor nation's soil, that nation is responsible. Lebanon lets Hezbollah launch attacks from Lebanese soil, then claims that they want a cease fire. Lebanon has just declared war with Israel, whether they know it or not. The only thing the Lebanese govt could do to save face is to immediately round up all Hezbollah fighters, cache all the weapons, and turn the whole bunch over to Israeli IDF forces. Otherwise, the Lebanese govt is complicit in the attacks.

It looks to me like Israeli commanders are hard at work dismantling Hamas and Hezbollah. It's about time. I wish them Godspeed, and victory.

As an old tanker, I wish I could see some current battle maps. There is bound to be good tank country out there somewhere. I think I'll open Google Earth and wander around the desert a bit.

No comments: