Thursday, June 02, 2005

Savage 11

Here in redneck North Louisiana, firearms are a large part of any household. When milady and I were moving last winter, she commented on my altogether pitiful collection of rifles and said that I should start looking at the gun racks and start picking up a few pieces on sale so that when the grandsons get a little older I can take them hunting with me.

Yesterday, walking through Wal-Mart, I found a Savage Model 11 rifle in .243 Winchester.


This cartridge is powerful enough for the smallish deer we have here in North Louisiana, and the recoil is very manageable. The rifle has a synthetic stock, it is pillar bedded, it sports the amazing new Accutrigger and because it is a package rifle, it comes with a Simmons 8-Point scope already mounted. The best part is that because it is last year's stock and was on clearance, I managed to score it for $140 under retail. I have it on layaway and will write it up when I get it in my greedy little hands. You'll be able to find the write-up on The Frugal Outdoorsman.

No comments: