Wednesday, November 08, 2023

This And That

 BobF asks in comments what we're paying for shrimp up here.  Honestly, I don't know.  THe shrimp we cooked yesterday were given to me. A buddy was cleaning out his freezer and brought over four gallon bags of frozen head-on shrimp. I thawed one bag, pooled and de-veined them, and it turned into about two pounds of usable tails. I have no idea what shrimp are going for locally.

Have y'all tried the Sam's Club fully cooked ribs?  I know how to smoke ribs, and I'm willing to do it, but these are just fine. Just take them out of the package, run them in the oven on a cookie sheet and heat them for about 45 minutes.  They're wonderful.

Belle and I stopped by Arby's after running our errands and had a brisket sandwich for lunch.  I wasn't expecting much, but for fast food, it's a pretty good sandwich.  

I filled the van with gas yesterday, and it is down.  I paid $2.57 locally.  The last time I filled up duringthe Trump years, gas was $1.87, so Joe still has some work to do.

3 comments:

glasslass said...

And here I thought that $2.87 was great.

Anonymous said...

$3.65 here in the People's Republic of New York.

DaveS said...

$3.99 a gallon in South-Central Alaska and a solid $4.25/gallon for diesel.