Monday, November 20, 2023

Rain

 It's thunder-bumping and flat-rocking out there.  Lots of rain, lots of thunder, and several tornado watches.  It's going to be okay.  The dog is scared of the weather, but I'm watching it with interest.  We're finally getting measureable aainfall.  That is a good thing.

I smoke two small turkeys today before the weather hit.  They're in the fridge and I'll cut them up and get them ready for the Thanksgiving meal.  I'll do that tomorrow, then boil the carcasses for stock.

I heard a rumor that a local gun store has a Mauser in 6.5X55.  When I'm out running errands tomorrow, I may have to stop in and take a look.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yes, cold and rainy up here too!

Anonymous said...

6.5x55 is a very practical cartridge. Hope you score one and learn to love it.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, if its a Swedish WWII bolt gun, chances are that it is a sweet shooting gun. I think Husqvarna would be the maker. The actions alone command a premium for custom rifle makers.

Good luck finding it.

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

The only negative thing I can say about the 6.5X55mm Mauser is that I don't have one (or two or three) of them.

Termite said...

I don't know if there is a better 0-300 yd deer cartridge that the old 6.5x55 Swede.