Thursday, November 02, 2023

First Frost

 We got a frost this morning, the first of the season, with temps in the high 20s.  I sprayed herbicide this morning, the last of the season. Trying to knock back some weeds that we don't need.

I had to run up to the Dollar Store, and when I started the van, got the usual low pressure warning on the tires.  My van lives outdoors, but I'll bet that Belle's car has the same problem.  It's that time of year.  Later today, I'll pull them in the shop and inflate whatever needs to be inflated.  It's that time of year.

Some comments from yesterday, talking about John Kennedy's sense of humor.  Louisiana has bad problems in the past with voter integrity, and I think that we have solved most of them. With our strict voted ID law, I really don't think that a corpse can vote in Louisiana.  But there was a time.  John was poking fun at our history.  There were places where vote buying was rampant, and the voter rolls were suspect at best.  I recall one municipal election in the last century where, when the initial tallies were made, the Clerk discovered that more votes had been cast than registered voters on the rolls. That's voter engagement at its best.

The weather weenies tells us that we're going to warm over the next several days.  We're still in a drought, and rather than paying A/C bills we're going to be paying heating bills. The season, it is a-changing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you use winter air and check the blinker fluid.😁

Andrew said...

We've already had 2 frosts and a little snow, was 30º this morning here in western ny