Sunday, January 17, 2021

Zip Ties

 Evidently, there is an editor at the New York Times who doesn't know any "regular" human beings.  During the aftermath of the Capitol riots last week, she famously asked the question, "Do regular humans actually buy zip-ties? Have you ever bought a zip-tie? If so, what did you use it for?”

Hilarity ensued.  After she had been smacked around like a rag doll, she followed up with this gem.

I literally had no idea that there were this many people passionate about the legal use of zip ties

— Lauren Wolfe (@Wolfe321) January 13, 2021

Have I ever bought a zip tie?  No, honestly, I don't think I've ever bought a single zip tie.  I normally buy them by the bag.   And, like most regular humans I know, I' not really sure how many I own right now.  There are several bags of varying sizes and strengths in the shop.

We shouldn't be too hard on her.  The editors at the New York Times don't generally know any "regular humans", which is why no one takes their editorial opinions seriously.  They really do need to get out more and associate with "regular humans".  The fact that Lauren admits that she has "no idea" may well become the guiding motto for that rag.

1 comment:

BobF said...

I have 5 bags of zip ties on the side of my standing toolbox -- varying lengths and thicknesses. I use magnets to attach the opened bags to the side of the box. Do those ties make me dangerous somehow? Good grief, she must use assistance to cross the street. On the other hand, she's probably never been on the other side. Oh! And the little 4-inch ties are in the parts drawers.

Next, a declaration of assault ties...