Wednesday, January 20, 2021

End Of An Era

 It wasn't long enough, but today ends the Trump presidency.

His accomplishments were legendary.  Too long to list here, but some are trying to get them all on paper.

I don't know if there was ever an American president so reviled by his critics.  The media detested him, the Democrats vilified him.  As far as I know, he never hurt anyone.

Three years of a booming economy, and one year of pandemic pandemonium.  By the time I eat lunch today, Joe Biden will be the president of the country.  I hope he can read the prompter long enough to repeat the oath of office.

Do I think Joe stole the election?  No, I think it was a perfect storm of pandemic pandemonium and a small number of places who didn't take election integrity seriously.  It may not have made enough difference to matter, but the idea that there was no fraud is patently ridiculous.  So, if we start off with the theme of patently ridiculous,  Joe Biden is the perfect person to install in the office.

I hope that Joe makes it through all four years.  The idea of a Kamala Harris presidency is problematic at best.  If she wants to be president, she should run for the office.  Oh, wait.  She did.  And lost.  To Joe Biden.

2 comments:

TechieDude said...

He'll be gone by St. Paddy's day. But if I were to bet, I'd say the over/under would be June 30.

There isn't enough adderall in the world to have him keep up with the job.

The point of this whole charade was to make her president.

Worst case, they load him up and trot him out then they need to, but otherwise, Harris runs the show.

Weekend at Bernies, writ large.

Fred said...

I believe joe biden's campaign and the rest of the democrats stole the election. There is just too much evidence to believe otherwise, in my opinion. I don't think they want horizontal harris as president. They want her as their controllable puppet.