Sunday, October 13, 2019

That's A Wrap

The election is over, and it's int he record books.  I didn't win.  That's actually an  understatement.  I didn't even come close.  I garnered a few votes, and I appreciate those who pulled the lever for me, but it was not in God's plan.

I'm in good company.  There are five other very fine police officers who are also not in the run-ff for Sheriff.  I'm not discouraged, I'm not depressed, it is what it is, and I'm okay with American democracy.  I learned a lot about the election process, and I met a lot of very good people.  For those faceless voters who voted for me, I appreciate the show of confidence.

Belle and I slept in this morning, after a long day yesterday.  I'll sup this cup of coffee and then start dismantling the campaign.  In the coming days, I'll finish the accounting and reporting that the law requires.

Politics is interesting, and this was my first (and probably last) foray into the process.  I learned a lot, and it was a great experience.  I have no regrets.  The past six months transitioned me from a workaday cop into retirement.  It was a lot of fun, but now, it's time to turn the page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences for the loss, but I think the real condolences belong to the people who have lost an honest 'cop'. Not infallible but some who has enough honesty and experience to do the job.

I hope the winner is worthy of that position.

Bright spot - way more free time to do the retired 'Let's go outside and do something'.

Steve said...

Sorry that ya lost.....you aren't going to go to the woods and drink some Chardonney or wipe your server clean or conspire with the other candidates about the spooky Russians meddling??? Or go on a book tour?

Steve

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

I enjoyed reading about your campaign.

And to be honest, I am a little bit glad you did not win. I am selfish. You would have posted less to your blog if you had won.

Old NFO said...

Whatever else may happen, you stepped up and tried. Kudos for that! Now enjoy retirement!!!