Sunday, July 22, 2018

Sunday Cooking

We're doing "big cooking" out in the shop now.  It's set up really well for big meals, with plenty of room for everyone.

Yesterday evening, we made Philly cheese steaks on the grill.  I planned the  ribeye  requirements pretty close, and after it was over, Zach decided he was still hungry, so he made a Philly cheese burger.  What's that, you ask?  A big cheeseburger, with provolone and grilled onions and peppers.

The Philly Cheese Burger.  Looks pretty good, doesn't it.
This morning, we started the day with a huge breakfast.  Biscuits, sausage gravy, has browed potatoes, bacon, and eggs-to-order.

Bacon and has browns.  When the eggs were cooking I was busy.

Then for lunch, grandson Lucas asked for chicken and dumplings.  Belle made her signature, start-from-scratch, hand-rolled dumplings.

Belle, dropping dumplings into chicken stock
She even let me take a picture to show how much flour she get s on her hands and lothing while she's working her magic over the dumpling board.


Oh, yeah, it's a mess when she's through, but it's worth it.  My wife makes the very best dumplings I have ever eaten.  It's one o the many benefits of being harnessed in tandem with her. 

We fed the crew and we've cleaned up.  The house is full of grandkids spending the night,a nd Belle is happy as a clam.    Today was a very good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make my own bread, and of course I make biscuits (I'm a Southerner; can't live without biscuits). No matter how hard I try, I still manage to get flour on myself. As I almost always wear black, it's rather noticeable.
--Tennessee Budd

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Looks like the dog was on duty to quickly clean up any spills.

Old NFO said...

Looking good! :-)