Sunday, July 15, 2018

Blackstone Grilll

On Friday, I cooked a few steaks on the new flat-top gill,  as kind of a road-test.  Yesterday, we were busy entertaining, and the grill didn't even get hot, but today, I went to the grocer and bought hamburger stuff.

I cooked a dozen good burgers on the grill, then rolled them into a crock-pot with beef broth.  This is a trick I learned at the church, running the concession stand at the rodeo.  (Yeah, our church has rodeos/).  If you're not sure when the customers will show up at the window, you don't want your burgers getting dried out, so one trick to keep them moist is to put them in a crock pot with beef broth.

Then, I put some sliced mushrooms and sliced onions on the grill to saute.


About the time they finished getting a good caramel color, the kids showed up.


Mushroom, Swiss, suteed onions, on a burger grilled, then soaked in beef broth.    With leftover baked beans and 'tater salad.

Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

UPDATE**.  Thanks, MIelissa for catching the error.  The "bee" both is beef broth and it's been corrected.  This keyboard is getting twitchy and I didn't catch the omission.

3 comments:

Miker said...

I was wondering what "bee broth" was.

Bob said...

+1 on puzzled about "bee broth," but it became clear. I hadn't ever heard of this trick, but I think I saw it in action at a defunct/mostly defunct hamburger chain named "Bullets" which were attached to gasoline stations. Their burgers were good and, when ordered, I'd see the employees dunking the patties into a liquid, which was probably beef broth.

mcfoster said...

Nice griddle PawPaw! I was looking for an excuse to get that model but settled on the smaller 17" size. We use it all the time.
Also, thanks for the tip on keeping the burgers moist and juicy by placing them in beef broth.