Wednesday, June 27, 2018

My Aching Butt

The project continues, with a hard deadline of July 14th.  It's coming along, according to plan.  Today, I spent the day doing inside plumbing.  Putting together the vanity that will go in the bathroom, adding the countertop and sink, and putting the interior drain lines together to plumb the kitchen sink.

Mu plan is to go right through the walls with the two drains, get them outside the building, the L down and take the drain into the dirt.  Everything outside the building will be 1 1/2 inch schedule 40 PVC, which I am told is code in these parts.  The guys at Coburn's Supply (our local plumbing supply house) are really helpful.  They've steered me right on more than one occasion for this project, and as a result, I buy my plumbing supplies there, if I can.

Most of the inside work is done, ad tomorrow, I start trenching for my underground work.  I have about 20 feet of trench to dig for the 1 1/2 drains, plus location holes on each end of the sewere and location holes on each end of the fresh water.

Friday, I finish holes and make a supply list.  Late Friday afternoon, I 'll rent a Ditch-Witch to sue Saturday.  Two of my sons will be here Saturday morning for a fun-filled day of  installing water and sewer.  That's the plan, anyway.  Elder son is a professional Sewer Systems operator, so he'll keep the old man out of trouble.  He normally doesn't work on pipe this small, but he knows how to make it flow downhill.

Did I mention how much I like working with PEX (as opposed to galvanized, copper, or PVC?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PawPaw, my dear, departed father taught me what he said were the only thngs you needed to know about plumbing. There were 3 items:
1) Hot goes on the left.
2) Cold goes on the right.
3) Sh---I mean, feces doesn't flow uphill.
--Tennessee Budd