Sunday, August 27, 2017

Houston, You Have A Problem.

Cultural reference there, but it's true.  Houston has a huge problem.  This image from earlier today.


No American city can absorb over 12" of rain in one 24 hour period.  I have friends in the Houston area, in Richmond, in Vidor, in Lumberton, and I'm worried about each and ever one of them.

This slow-moving bastard, Harvey is continuing to dump prodigious amounts of rain on the Houston area, and it's moving toward Louisiana on the I-10 corridor.  I hear from Facebook friends that the streets in Sulphur, LA are beginning to flood.  Harvey ain't voer by a long shot, and we've got to put up with his crap for three or four more days.

Which reminds me, I need to go put a raincoat in the car.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, this one is going to be nasty...