Sunday, August 06, 2017

Another One of Those Gun Confiscations

Another case of those gun confiscations that never happen.  Hot Air has the dirt.
Yet another story has emerged from New York State detailing the travails of a citizen who had his firearms taken away by armed officers with a warrant. The NRA-ILA brings us the tale of Don Hall, a 70 year old Vietnam veteran who received an unpleasant visit from Sheriff’s deputies at his Talberg, N.Y. home. They informed him that the state had provided them with a writ to seize his firearms. Compliance was not voluntary and his weapons were taken.
Evidently, they had labeled him a "mental defective" to secure the writ, but the Sheriff's paperwork had many fatal errors, and Mr. Hall got a lawyer and hauled the whole bunch  of them to court.

As a 35 year police veteran, this pisses me off.   If given a detail like this, I believe I would have looked long and hard at the writ before I served it.    Every LEO I know took an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.  This flies in the face of the Second Amendment, and now that Mr. Hall has prevailed in the local courts, he should consider suing the department in the federal courts for violating his civil rights.

I am the NRA, and I am freedom's safest place.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, but he's still out a bunch of money... sigh