Thursday, October 23, 2014

AR Build

I've been wanting to do an AR build for a while, but never pulled the pin on ordering a stripped lower, or finding an FFL dealer that would do a transfer.  But, Brownell's put Bushmaster stripped lowers on sale today for $49.99 and I couldn't stand it.  I ordered two.

Southern Shooters, my local indoor range, agreed to do the transfer and sent Brownells the necessary paperwork.  It looks like I've got another project on my hands.  And some decisions to make.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

You might find a new expensive hobby. I built my current go to AR AKA Project AR about 2 years ago. http://www.totalsurvivalist.com/2013/07/range-report-burris-mtac-dialed-in.html

It was fun and I chose exactly the rifle I wanted down to the gas system and muzzle device.

However like the twix phrase 'you can't eat only one'. I plan to built a 10.5in AR pistol and a 16in rifle in the future. Plus also it would be nice to stash rifles for the kids.

Skip said...

Never had the desire.
Now a ar10 is in my bucket.

Anonymous said...

I have been getting emails from Midway for sale on R parts.
Ben