Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday Weirdness

I had to run over to the Sheriff's office today and get fitted for a new ballistic vest. They wear out every five years and I'm in line for a new one, along with about 30 others who need such things.

Then I went looking for a steering wheel for the old Yanmar tractor I own. Years of sitting in the weather have made the steering wheel... soft. Don't now how else to describe it. I'm betting that the metal under the rubber cover had a weld turn loose. I looked online and they're fairly inexpensive, but I stopped by a local tractor supply place today and he can get me the same steering wheel I found online, for less than the online price. Bonus!

Now I'm home and the uncalibrated thermometer outdoors tells me that it's currently 99F on my back deck. I think I'll stay inside the rest of the afternoon.

1 comment:

Rivrdog said...

I'm sorry it's 99...I spend yesterday in the sun, on the flybridge of my boat. It was 75 on the river. Might hit 80 today. No air conditioning required.

BTW, that new Level 3 ought to be a lot lighter and cooler than your last one, so says the Geezer Deputy coffee klatch where we ran this subject around the table this week.