Monday, August 15, 2011

Fettucini

I came home tonight and Milady told me she was cooking fettucini alfredo. Chicken Fettucini Alfredo. Oh, Darn. It was all I could do to choke it down.


While she was cooking her pasta, my son came over. Someone gave him a watermelon that weighed on our bathroom scale at 41.8 lbs. Biggest damned watermelon I've ever seen. After supper we cut it. I fed ten people tonight. The fettucini took a hit, but we could only eat half the watermelon. Milady and Elder Son got out the melon-ball devices and she filled a large tupperware cake keeper with watermelon balls.

I'm stuffed.

The recipe for her alfredo sauce is here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

D,

We need the whole recipe, not just the sauce.

Hungry bellys want to know.....

Pappy said...

Time to make some watermelon wine!

Rivrdog said...

Fettucini Alfredo is Italian for "heart attack on a plate".

But it's soooooo good!

Rich Jordan said...

Chicken or seafood alfredo is a favorite here but I get in trouble when I make it. We both just like it too much. Sadly, usually with store bought sauce.

Dang seafood is so expensive now too...

Pawpaw said...

Anonymous - At the link for the sauce, keep scrolling. It's all there. Basically, boil a pot of noodles, put it all together in a casserole, top with bread crumbs and bake until the crumbs are toasty.

Dave O. said...

One heck of a recipe to read this early in the morning. Lunch isn't for another three hours (groan).

Mostly Cajun said...

Saw a 98-pound melon when I was kid.

MC

Old NFO said...

Oh man... Y'all are just trying to fatten me up :-)

Anonymous said...

Milady's alfredo is "to die for"! I'm glad I have the recipe! :) (everything she makes is "to die for"!!) Love to you from Tennessee.