Saturday, October 09, 2010

Working at the Lease

We spent the morning working on the deer lease, the grandkids, one son and I.  We met my brother-in-law and helped him assemble a deer stand.  He built it at his house, disassembled it, and we re-assembled it on the deer property.

The very first thing I do each year when we head out to the lease for the first time, is to bug-bomb my stand.  I don't even climb up into the stand, but open a door, drop a bug fogger inside, then close the door and leave.  There is probably a big ole red wasp nest in there, and that insecticide will give them something to think about over the next week.  I'll go back out next weekend and sweep out the corpses.

The feeder is filled with corn and a new battery should take me through the season.  In another couple of weeks, we'll be hunting deer.  I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went out last week and put one of those small flavored salt blocks on my salt stump beside my main buck gate in the river bottom. Last season's blocks were gone and so was a lot of the stump. I also found suitable hideyholes for ground blinds for whichever direction the wind blows. I might go put another flavored block on the stump in the morning.

Old NFO said...

Enjoy :-)