Thursday, October 07, 2010

Feral Pigs

Texas has introduced an initiative by the government to get the feral hog population under control.  Get the Hog out of Texas.



They're offering grant money to counties that do the best job of reducing the feral hog population.

Personally, I'd just as soon shoot a hog as I would shoot a deer.  The meat is tasty and it's easier to feed to people who might be squeamish about venison.  I think that this is a great initiative and one government program I can support.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

And controlling feral hogs saves the farmers thousands of dollars...

Termite said...

Someone once said that if a wild hog had antlers, it would be the perfect game animal.

Mmmmmmmmm...pulled pork BBQ.

Flintlock Tom said...

Why do people need to be paid to harvest ham?
I would think that all that was required would be to make sure everyone knows it's legal.