Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Savage Accuracy

Regular readers know my fondness for Savage rifles, and I really haven't been paying attention to Savage recently.  My rifles work, they simply work, but it seems that Team Savage has tightened up the accuracy template.  They've kicked it up a notch and are doing great things in the shooting world.  I found a video recently at the Savage Accuracy website and was amazed at what these guys are doing with factory rifles.  I'm not talking custom jobs, I'm talking about rifles that any guy can buy.



If you want a rifle like this, you can have one.  It's called the Model 12 FT/R and it retails for $1302.00.  Interestingly, the Night Force scope they're using on the rifle costs more than the rifle itself, retailing at between $1300 and $1800, but it's made in the USA and it's one heck of a scope.

For myself, I'll stick with my Savage hunting rifles.  They're more accurate than I am, and I've been extremely pleased with them.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

They are excellent entry level rifles for F600 shooting and highly recommended. As for that shot, I'd try it with my M-24, which is a stock rifle from Remington (more or less) :-)

Skip said...

I love the Berger 168 VLD over 44gr of Varget.
Out of my FE 24" bull it will put a big smile on ya.
The 175 for wind is a moneymaker too.

patvh1 said...

I have an older Model 110 in .270 Winchester that I love. It is one of the most accurate hunting rifles I have ever shot.