Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Skeet

For Christmas, one of my kids got me a backyard clay target thrower. I like shooting skeet, of any variety, although I cut my teeth on the old 8 station skeet layout. Still, there's a lot to love about a box of clay targets, a thrower, and an afternoon in a pasture. It's good fun.

My eldest grandson (age 11) got a shotgun for Christmas. A Mossberg 500 youth model in 20 gauge. He's been pestering me to take him shooting, so this morning we took a box of shells, a case of targets and went to an open field.

He did all right for his first time against moving targets, hitting 3 targets for 13 thrown. The weather was cold and windy. The target thrower was inconsistent, and I have to work on that. Still, the boy and I went out into a pasture and shot some moving targets. When we came back, we cleaned the shotgun and put it away. It'll be ready for the next time out.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heh... got a little more challenging than planned when the throws aren't consistant. Of course that's more real too :-)