Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Octuplets??

I saw this story in the paper today. A woman in California has given birth to octuplets. That's right. Eight.

Just damn.
Even as the birth of octuplets at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center drew attention and applause from around the country, questions arose Tuesday about whether the mother's doctors did enough to prevent such a risky pregnancy.
I hope that the mother and all the children are healthy. Really. A birth of this nature is fraught with risk and I hope everything turns out okay for everyone involved.

However. In sixteen or seventeen years, all these kids are going to start driving. Pretty much on the same day. How'd you like to see that insurance tab?

I'm glad my four are grown and gone.

2 comments:

Rivrdog said...

...and she already has six other kids, according to my local TeeVee news last night.

Anonymous said...

it's pretty amazing that all eight of those babies survived the birthing process