Thursday, January 15, 2009

Arctic chill

It's supposed to be twenty-two-by-Gawd-degrees tomorrow morning.

I'm not in the mood for that. This is Louisiana.

My lady and I were talking earlier about how much warmer the winters seemed now that we're older. She and I both remember houses with little or no heat, or houses with floor furnaces and no insulation. Winter seemed a whole lot colder in those times.

What I remember is having to wear a jacket when squirrel hunting in October and dressing warmly for deer hunting in November. One of my favorite memories is breaking ice in Catahoula lake in December. That hasn't happened lately. It's all that glow-ball warming.

It's cold out there right now, slick, and it's gonna be sure-enough cold in the morning. Y'all keep a fire burning.

No comments: