Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Building Deck

I started building deck today to add to the concrete decking on the pool. The wooden deck is the beginning of part 4 of a five part project.

The initial wooden deck is 24 feet long and 8 feet wide, encompassing a swampy area in the yard between the pool and the existing privacy fence. It'll cover the mud that resulted from digging the pool and put usable space where before the space was only marginally useful.

Today I got the outside framing of the foundation done, which is to say I cut and leveled 2X12 timbers salvaged from another project. Those 2X12s are mounted on Dek blocks and the hard part was getting them level enough to suit me. Tomorrow morning I get started with the stringers and joists and hopefully put the actual deck boards on by Thursday.

For now, it's time for a little TV and bedtime.

No comments: