Friday, May 19, 2006

Father of the Groom

I'm the father of the goom, which traditionally would make me a non-participant. Because of the unique circumstances of this wedding we are all pitching in to give the kids a good party after the ceremony.

The wedding is tomorrow. Commencing today at about 3:00 p.m. CDT, the preparations slip into overdrive. What has been only rationally insane will become totally irrationally hyperactive. Think terrier on meth. The women are fully in charge and committed to the process, so the menfolk have little left to do but haul and tote and follow orders blindly. They will be obeyed.

Tomorrow morning, I probably won't even have time to stop by the Cripple for Saturday Boobage. When I am so busy I can't stop by Denny's place on a Saturday morning, I am also too busy to blog.

To my loyal half-dozen readers, I beg indulgence this weekend. It's gonna be a hell of a ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pawpaw,

Congrats on marrying off a son or is that gaining a daughter? Either way we'll all be here Monday.

EricN