Friday, October 27, 2023

Heating Up

 Things seem to be heating up in the Middle East.  I see where US Air forces have hit an Iranian target in Syria in retaliation for Iran's recent attacks on US troops in Iraq.

And, I see where Israeli forces have launched a major raid in the West Bank, playing whack-a-mole with Hamas. I expect that this is just another preparatory raid to clean up the battlefield before they go into Gaza. Of course, any time Israel is whacking Hamas, they are doing the right thing.

On a more mundane note, I'm piddling in the shop, preparing for our club match tomorrow. Not much going on here, and I'll take my time getting it done.

1 comment:

BobF said...

Unfortunately, we still have not learned that retaliation, played by OUR tit-for-tat rules, does not work. It means little to the other side. They recognize only one thing -- power. Our reaction must be a significant upscale, not a simple retaliation. All these years and the Academy grads haven't figured that out.