Monday, October 09, 2023

Changing Pharmacies

 One of the pain-in-the-ass parts of being an old fart is the fact that I need prescription meds.  For this or that, or the other. I detest such things.  If I'd have known I would live this long, I might have taken better care of myself.

My local family pharmacy told me last week that they can no longer afford me.  Something changed, and between the cost of meds and what they are allowed to charge me for them, they are barely breaking even.  Some of my meds they make money on, some they lose money on, and that is no way to stay in business.  They recommended that I go down the street to a big-box pharmacy.  They get better deals because they buy in bulk.  

So, I'm taking my business down the street.  It's a pain in the ass.  But, maybe I'll save a little money.  This big-box is a Preferred Provider on my plan.  But it's still a pain in the ass.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting off prescription meds waso e of the best things I ever did. Antacids for 20 years (zantac, prilosec, etc.).
Tried to put me on Blood pressure meds. Told them to stuff it.
You don't need em.

Howard Brewi said...

I get my regular prescriptions from my plans mail order pharmacy. The main problem is that the plan is going from $82 a month to $110 a month next year!

glasslass said...

Check out Canadian Meds. Won't do controlled pills but the cost of insulin was sky high and there's was bargain basement prices.