Friday, November 29, 2019

Home

We rolled out of Roswell, NM at 0900 CST and rolled into the driveway at 2230 CST.  By my math, we covered those miles in 13.5 hours.  We stopped for gas several times and ate lunch at a local place in Sweetwater, TX.

We ate at Buck's Steak and Barbeque.  If you ever stop there (and they have the PawPaw seal of  approval), do not be so weak as to order the large chicken-fried steak.  It was all I could do to get around the small one.  The boys both ordered the brisket sandwich.  I gave half my steak to one of the boys and Belle gave half her steak to the other one.

It is nearly impossible to fill up teenaged boys.  But, I reckon, with the time in New Mexico this morning and the time in Louisiana this evening it took us about 10 hours to waltz across Texas.

2 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Glad you made it safe. It was great to see ya'll!

Old NFO said...

Glad y'all are home safe!