Friday, October 12, 2018

Finally Friday

What a Friday.  On the way to work this morning, I stop to pick up breakfast, ad when I get back to the van, it won't start.  Battery is dead.  Well damn.  I found a redeck with jumper cables, ad made it to work.  When it was getting-off time, I got it started and headed home.  Got it i the driveway.  LIfe is good.

Jumped int he truck and headed back to town with two empty propane bottles.  Belle is having a party tomorrow and I need propane.  Looked at the gas gauge on the truck and decided to fill up on the way to town.  Put $40.00 worth of gas in the truck and went to the grocer who also sells propane..  Got  out of the truck, and smelled gasoline.  Looked down, and saw a steady  stream of gasoline spilling out t the parking lot.  Got down on my back and looked under the truck.  I've ot a hole i my gas tank.  Found a pencil inn the console, jammed it into the hole and duct-taped it into place.  Got the cylinders filled and started home.

Some asshole on Highway 28 ran a red light. and t-boned an innocent motorist.  Traffic shit-the-hell down.  Major loblolly on the highway.  No traffic moving at all.  I re-routed.  Took an alternate route.  Got the truck home, scratching my head about the hole in the tank.  Called my expert mechanic son.  He's thrilled I'm home.  Doesn't have to tow a truck off the road.  Scratching his head over fuel tank repair.  We'll figure it out.

Tomorrow is a club shoot, then a party for Belle's co-workers.  In the meantime, I need a battery for the van and a patch for a fuel tank.  The  van is important, the truck can wait a day or two.

In the near time, it's Happy Hour.  I'm home safe and all the vehicles are in the yard.    My weeked is going to be interesting as hell.

2 comments:

FrankC said...

Does the truck battery fit the van?

Old NFO said...

Sounds like a BUSY weekend! Glad you got everything home!