Saturday, August 08, 2009

Happy Hour

Milady and I do so much with the grandkids, we thought that tonight might be a good time to host a little happy hour for friends. Grandkids, or children of any stripe are particularly not invited.

We're going to chip and dip and have cocktails available. When I finished stocking the beer fridge today I thought that a picture might be appropriate.



Top to bottom, we've got Bud Lite, Miller Lite, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Guinness Draught, a couple of bottles of wine, and soft drinks for those who aren't drinking beer. There's bottled water in the crisper drawer. I've laid on a half-gallon of Crown Royal, a half-gallon of Bacardi Rum, and a couple of fifths of vodka. We're having everyone bring a favorite dip and a bag of chips. There's orange juic and Milady is freezing a gallon each of margarita and pina colada. That should be sufficient.

Festivities commence about seven. We'll continue until the police arrive to talk about neighbor complaints.

6 comments:

J said...

Guinness Draught is the best dark beer I've ever tasted.

Old NFO said...

Dang, I can't get there from here... or at least not it time. Enjoy!

Pawpaw said...

Old NFO - Anytime you're in Central Louisiana you've got an open invitation to raid the beer cooler.

J and I have been friends long enough for him to know he doesn't need an invitation.

Josiah said...

I'm glad you mentioned Guinness because the beer list was starting to scare me.

Old NFO said...

Thanks Paw! It IS appreciated Sir!

Melissa said...

I make a virtual selection from shelf #2!