Monday, August 08, 2005

Harbor Freight

Rob talks about Home Depot and the tool department.

Home Depot ain't chit.

We recently got a Harbor Freight in town, and the minute I walked in there, my eyes glazed over, my wallet got loose, and my nostrils dilated. There are more tools in there than anyone ever needs. And cheap? Yeah, they're cheap. Some of the tools are crap, but if you know what you are looking for, it is nirvana. Everything from a pack of paintbrushes for $3.00 to a knee-mill for $3500.00. It's all there; air tools, electric tools, hand tools. Compressors and dollys and everything a guy could want.

I wandered in there one day with the grandsons and the eldest turns to me with a look of sheer glee, "PawPaw, there isn't anything in here but tools."

"That's right boy! Stick with Pawpaw and you'll learn something."

1 comment:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

hee hee! Northern Tool does that to my husband and sons. They LOVE going shopping for Dad's birthday and whatnot! Heckuva lot better than picking stuff for Mom, for sure!