Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Belle's Dipping Sauce

 Come lunch time, I was hungry for a chicken sandwich, and I has some chicken tenders I needed to cook.  So, I put them in plastic wrap and pounded them flat, the seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Then, into flour, then an egg was, then into breadcrumbs.  I heated the oil to 350, then dropped them until they were golden brown.

Belle decided to make a dipping sauce, based on a popular restaurant chain.

Belle's Dipping Sauce

1 cup mayo

1/2 cup catsup

5 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon hot sauce (We used something they make at Angola penitentiary.  Y'all probably can't get it.  Use Tabasco, or Crystal, or Frannks.)

A friend dropped by for lunch, and said that the chicken was good, but that Belle had nailed the dipping sauce.  Grandson Zach came out and gave the whole thing two thumbs up.

Of course, your taste buds may differ, adjust to your preferences.  Some say a little celery salt is good, others might use a sprinkle of salt. Make it your own.

2 comments:

Birdchaser said...

Guts & Glory Hot sauce? It's on their website. Inlaws sent me some awhile back. Not my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Guts & Glory hot sauce? $5, online.