Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday Louisiana Covid Update - Day 71

I didn't look at the numbers yesterday, but it seems that the LDH has put them up today, so let's look

Total Covid load is at 38,054.  With over 341,000 tested, that's just a bit over 11%.
Fatalities are at 2596.  That's 36 more than the last time we looked.  Sad, but not a huge number.
The hospital census is down again, to 831, with 103 of those o ventilators.

Here in Rapides Parish, the case count stands at 663.  I heard a church last night that the vast majority of those are in nursing homes.  I cannot attest to the truth of that fact, but that is what a congregant reported.  I don't doubt it, and I"ll pray every day for those people.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Which beggars the question, "What other conditions did those souls have?" "Was it time for them to leave this realm anyway?" Plus, "Were these souls added to SARS-Cov-2 numbers to pad those numbers like in other places?"

You know what the saddest thing is about those questions? I and millions of other Americans have come to believe the government wouldn't/couldn't tell the truth even if it was in the government's best interest. I'm always suspicions of their motives and looking for who is going to profit from what they are reporting or what they are trying to cover-up.

Old NFO said...

That is all we can do...

robert orians said...

I've read many technical articles complaining that ventilators are wrong for covid and are killing most that are put on them due to lung damage . But Uncle Sam pays out big bucks for venting the poor souls .