Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Gun Bags

A buddy and I were talking yesterday and the subject of gun bags came up.  He was complaining that his bag was too small.  Once he loaded two belts, holsters, guns, ammo, and related items, he had trouble fitting it all in the bag.

I told him that I have been shooting competitively (off and on), for decades.  Olympic skeet, small bore, USPSA, and now Cowboy Fast Draw.  I told him that every sport differed, but my experience dictated that when I found a gun bag I liked, one that I was convinced would hold everything, to cull that one and buy the next larger size.

The problem comes when you fill that big bag, and can't lift it off the floor.  Then, it's time to go to several smaller bags, Then get a wagon to carry all those bags.  And, if your partner gets involved in the sport, or a grandkid, the number of bags increases exponentially.  Which is why I bought a van, to haul all that excess.  Some of the bags never leave the van, but they are always packed.  If I leave the gunsmithing tools and spare parts at home, sure as God makes little green apples, I'll break a bolt spring.

It's all part of the game.

2 comments:

BobF said...

PawPaw, I think I see a refurbished, OD Green, ton-and-a-half in your future. :-)

I have found your experience in the matter to be the same with myself and virtually everyone I know, except for the specific of a van. Myself, I went with a Hyundai Santa Fe. Different wagon, same concept!

Old NFO said...

Oh yeah, that is true! There is a company that now makes 'wagons' for gunnies to haul stuff to the range, especially the SASS and 3 gun crowd!